Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cable knit purse

I saw a cable knit purse in a store the other day selling at $45.00.
I thought to myself that I could easily make a similar purse for much less … so I did.

The pattern called 'Instant Gratification'  is free from Ravelry.


The bulky yarn was on sale and bagged as 'unknown fibres' but since it's a purse, who cares what the content is.

Making the lining was a bit tricky as I've never lined a knit purse before. Actually, I've never made a knit purse before.
There are little pockets on the lining for a cell phone, keys, pens and so on. However the lining isn't sitting flat against the outer knit section.
I'm going back to the store and see if the lining in the $45.00 purse sits flat and if so, see how it was constructed.


I'm pleased with the outcome and the pattern was quick to knit. Instant gratification is certainly a perfect name for this pattern.


I'm going to ask around to see who likes this purse and they can have it.

5 comments:

  1. What a darling purse! Love those cables. Thanks for the link to it; may just have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love being able to see something in the store and being able to make your own for the fraction of the price? Let us know what you discover about the lining!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made it just to see if you could! I am sure it looks better than the shop version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so cool that you made it for the heck of it and now don't know what to do with it! that's the kind of thing I do too! Well done, and I'll bet it's every bit as good as the shop version.

    ReplyDelete